Founded in 1977, the Tourism Society is where individuals from across all sectors of the Visitor Economy come together (online and offline) for discussion, debate, to share views and knowledge, and to build networks.
The principal benefits and services we offer to our members include:
- Regular programme of discussion-meetings, debates and symposiums on topics of general and specialist interest
- Frequent networking opportunities with fellow professionals from all tourism sectors
- Regional Chapters in Cumbria, Kent, Scotland, Yorkshire, Wales and Brussels
- Opportunity to join the Tourism Consultants Network, the biggest professional association of tourism experts in Europe (subject to acceptance and payment of a small additional subscription)
- NEW special interest groups Tourism Society PR Network (TSPRN) and Tourism Society Digital Network (TSDN)
- Access to up-to-date market intelligence
- Opportunity to participate in or contribute to the Society’s Think Tank and e-journal
- E-journal and e-newsletter
- Invitation as appropriate to apply for Fellowship of the Society, a valued recognition of professional accomplishment
- Professional development support
- Annual dinner at the House of Lords (or other prestige venue)
The Society is managed by a Board, elected by the members, and is funded by subscriptions, advertising revenue, meetings income and other contributions and sponsorship.
Our existing membership represents tour operators, hotel chains, PR, marketing and representation companies, tourist attractions, national, regional and local tourist boards, restaurants, trade media, charities, consultants, academics, students and educational establishments, among others.
President of The Tourism Society
Lord John Thurso
"Celebrating 43 years, the Tourism Society remains relevant and a leader in today's industry"
The Board & Chapter Chairs
AGM board nominee
Board member / Chair TSDN
Board Member - Membership
Board Member - Comms
Board Member - Chair Europe
Chair Manchester & NW
Chairman Yorkshire & NE