The Society is the only professional membership organisation that represents all of Tourism - across all disciplines, geography and career stages.
Whether you work in the public, private or voluntary sector, are well-established in your career path or are just starting out on a travel or tourism course at college or university, the Tourism Society offers unrivalled opportunities to develop your business contacts and tap into a wealth of experience and expertise. Our Professional Section also offers particular benefits to consultants (Tourism Consultants Network).
What the Society can offer you:
- Promote and advance the professionalism of individuals in tourismin all sectors, at all levels and worldwide
- Bring together the many tourism sectors to discuss, debate and share ideas & stories, to network, and to develop best practice
- Support training and academic development
- Support our members at all stages of their progress through the industry
- Recognise individual achievement in the field of tourism
- Provide a channel of communication for members on issues of local, national and international interest
- Support and encourage individuals’ understanding of sustainable development and the issues around it